Sub-Project - "Regeneration from dereliction: A developing and marketing / investor's guide"
Encouraged by Dorsten's twin town Rybnik representatives of the "Projektgesellschaft Fürst Leopold mbH", City of Dorsten and "WinDor GmbH" participated in the "Regional conference" in Düsseldorf to catch up on the basic conditions and support requirements. During the thematic conference "Industrial Restructuring" in Lille Dorsten, Rybnik and its French twin town Liévin agreed on a cooperation within the range of "SME development". Dorsten assumed the project's formulisation and the application in regular consultation of the cooperation partners.
Meeting of Dorsten's Mayor Lütkenhorst and Rybnik's Mayor Fudali in Rybnik to discuss the project.
In the frame of visiting Dorsten the project was presented to some representatives of the City of Rybnik.
In the frame of a ceremonial act, relating the 10 year town partnership between Rybnik and Dorsten, the "Letters of Intent" have been signed in Rybnik in the presence of a representative of the "Council of Europe", Mr. Böhm.-
The application was filed in time to 30th June 2004.
On 27th August 2004 the project has been selected as one of 9 projects
Start of the 18 months lasting project was the 1st October 2004 Project leader's attendance on the "Kick-off-conference" of the "Integra-sites"-project in Cologne.
First thematic conference on 06./07. December 2004 in Dorsten
Meeting of project leaders and the French partner in Liévin to clarify internal questions
First financial and progress report
Development of a query concerning site-recycling in the regions
April - May 2005
Independent work out / answering of the query
Meeting between project leaders and the French partner in Dorsten to prepare the second thematic conference in Liévin Participation of the project leaders in the concluding conference of RESCUE in Herne
Second thematic conference on 13./14. June 2005 in Liévin
Midterm-Workshop on 26. August 2005 in Lille
August - November 2005:
Elaboration of the single subject areas by the local working groups - co-ordination and collection of results by the project leader in Dorsten:
- Best-Practices-Handbook: interviews with experts, answering of the query, layout etc.
- Investor's guide: determination of structure and layout, elaboration by the local working groups
Preparation of the 3. thematic conference in Rybnik/Poland
- 3. thematic conference on 08./09. December in Rybnik
- Preparation of a query with consideration of new perceptions (Best Practices)
Answering of the new query by the local working groups
February - June 2006:
- Investor's guide: Development of the investor's guide (regional/local passages) by the local working groups: collection of material, interviews with experts, translations, coordination, compilation, development of layout and printing by the sub-project-leader in Dorsten.
- Best-Practices-Handbook: Analysis of the new query, interviews with experts, collection of material, compilation and printing by the sub-project-leader in Dorsten.
Preparation of the final conference in DorstenJune 2006: Final conference on 26./27. June in Dorsten.